Our Local Experts are ready to help with all of your questions.
Give us a call.
Call us Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m844-655-0355
You can still find the plan that’s right for you
Special Enrollment Period
Open Enrollment has ended. But you can still shop for an individual or family health insurance plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to certain life events.Shop for Health Plans
Qualifying for a Special Enrollment Period
Life can change quickly. If you’ve experienced a qualifying life event and need health insurance, you can enroll in a health plan during a Special Enrollment Period.
What is a qualifying life event?
The Affordable Care Act states that if you experience certain life events, you may enroll in health insurance during the Special Enrollment Period.Contact us with further questions
If you experienced any of the following, you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. It’s important to note that if you voluntarily quit your health plan or were terminated because you didn’t pay your premiums, you are not eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Losing your health coverage through a life event
- Getting married or divorced
- Having or adopting a child
- Permanently moving somewhere with different health insurance options
- Ageing off your parent’s health insurance plan
- Losing your job, losing your Medicaid or CHIP eligibility, or expiring COBRA coverage
- Having a change in income or household status that changes your eligibility for tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
- Your plan being involuntarily canceled by your insurance company
- Depending on where live COVID-19 can impact your eligibility
How and when to enroll
You have up to 60 days following a qualifying life event to enroll in a health plan. During this time, you can shop for plans on a private or public health insurance exchange. You’ll have the same health plan options as you would during Open Enrollment. If you miss your 60-day window, you will need to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period starting November 1, 2021.
If you qualify for the 2021 Special Enrollment Period, you can browse plans here, or enroll now. Remember, you will need to verify your Special Enrollment Period eligibility status during your application.